Meet the team…
Croeso i’r Dosbarth Cwningod !
Welcome to Rabbits Class !
Welcome to Year 2! We are about to start the final half term of the school year. So we hope you have a wonderful, relaxing half term break and return feeling refreshed and raring to go as we enter a very busy, but exciting Summer Term 2.
Our class topic after half term will be ‘Perilous Pirates’. During this topic, we will be exploring every aspect of being a Pirate; the language of pirates, treasure maps, timeline of famous pirates, sea shanties, story telling and much more. We will start each week with activities inspired by our ‘Book of the Week’ – Pirate themed of course!
Here is some general information about our class.
- Name labelling: Please ensure all your child’s clothing, particularly jumpers and cardigans are clearly labelled with their name along with any fruit pot or fruit that they bring to school each day.
- We will be maximising learning opportunities outdoors every day. Please ensure your child brings a waterproof jacket to school.
- Please ensure the correct mobile number is on record in the office.
- Please connect to the SEESAW family App to receive messages, notifications and to view your child’s work.
- P.E is on a Thursday for Y2 on a weekly basis, however, due to the current situation please ensure that your child wears suitable clothing to be active in at all times.
- Wednesday is ‘Wellie Wednesday’ when children will take part in Outdoor Learning offsite (Woodlands or Elba). Please bring wellies to school in a bag marked with your child’s name and wear long sleeves and trousers in all weathers.
- Homework will consist of reading books; online Abacus maths work and spelling lists which will be sent home fortnightly. Please also check Seesaw for optional homework activities.
- Reading books will be sent home on a Friday and need to be returned to school at the latest the following Wednesday. Reading books will only be issued if the previous books have been returned to school. If books are returned later than Wednesday, the reading record sheet will not be filled in when returned with new books due to time issues.
- If your child receives a daily reading book, please return to school in the folder as soon as they’ve read it in order for a new reading book to be issued.
- Dinner: Payment can be made via SQID.
Whats on when?
|Today is…||What must I remember?||What must I take home?|
|Reading Record Sheet |
Wellie Wednesday ( Wellies, long sleeves & trousers)
|PE Kit Weekly(Appropriate clothing and footwear can be worn to school, PE will take place outdoors)|
|Spelling test (fortnightly)||Reading Record|
New spelling words (fortnightly)
What’s been happening in the Rabbits class…
Dates for the diary
[ecs-list-events cat=’Rabbits, whole school’]