We have children from our Year 6 who have been chosen to be digital leaders responsible for supporting our ICT equipment and software. They are there to help teachers and pupils with using ICT and for logging any problems and issues.
Our vision is that pupils will:
- develop the digital skills that they need to use ICT now and in the future.
- be able to use ICT and digital devices safely and responsibly.
- use ICT to support their learning.
- develop their understanding of how ICT equipment and applications work.
- make informed decisions about the information on the Internet (be active users of ICT).
- know how ICT can be used in everyday life.
What we understand by digital competency We also discussed what we think you need to do to be digital competent. We thought you need to be able to:
- learn how to use the basic controls of any device
- work on a computer/ipad or another digital device
- fix a problem on a computer/ipad
- find relevant websites easily and carry out research
- use apps confidently
- be confident helping other and using the Internet ourselves
- know how to identify and block a virus
- know how to update software
- write a computer language – be able to code
- use different social media sites responsibly
- use the Internet safely