Meet the team…
Croeso i’r Dosbarth Cwningod !
Welcome to Rabbits Class !
Welcome to Year 2/3! We hope you had a wonderful, relaxing summer break and are feeling refreshed and raring to go as we enter a very busy, but exciting school term.
Our class topic this half term will be ‘Mighty Metals.’ During this topic, we become scientists, exploring the scientific world of forces and magnetism, metals and materials. In class, we will be reading The Iron Man by Ted Hughes and our literacy work will be based around this book.
Here is some general information about our class.
- Name labelling: Please ensure all your child’s clothing, particularly jumpers and cardigans are clearly labelled with their name along with any fruit pot or fruit that they bring to school each day.
- We will be venturing outdoors every day. Please ensure your child brings a waterproof jacket to school.
- Please ensure the correct mobile number is on record in the office to receive important texts.
- Swimming is on a Monday for Y3 and P.E is on a Thursday for Y2 on a weekly basis. Children are welcome to wear their P.E kits to school.
- Every other Wednesday is ‘Wellie Wednesday’ when both Y2 and Y3 children take part in Forest School and have another session of P.E. Please bring wellies to school in a bag marked with your child’s name.
- Homework will consist of reading books; online Abacus maths work and spelling lists which will be sent home fortnightly.
- Reading books will be sent home on a Friday and need to be returned to school at the latest the following Wednesday. Reading books will only be issued if the previous books have been returned to school. If books are returned later than the Wednesday the reading record sheet will not be filled in when returned with new books due to time issues.
- If your child receives a daily reading book, please return to school in the folder as soon as they’ve read it in order for a new reading book to be issued.
- Dinner: Payment can be made via SQID.
Whats on when?
|Today is…||What must I remember?||What must I take home?|
|Y3 – Swimming Weekly – Towel and swimming kit|
|Reading Record Sheet |
Forest School Fortnightly
Y2/3 – PE Kit Fortnightly (Appropriate clothing and footwear)
|Y2 – PE Kit Weekly(Appropriate clothing and footwear)|
|Spelling test (fortnightly)||Reading Record|
New spelling words (fortnightly)
What’s been happening in the Rabbits class…
Dates for the diary
[ecs-list-events cat=’Rabbits, whole school’]